Student Financial Aid | Williston State College

to the top of the page
Home Page
Student Financial Aid -

Student Financial Aid

  Home  »  Admissions »  

Student Financial Aid

冰球突破豪华版游戏下载's Financial Aid office supports 冰球突破豪华版游戏下载's mission and vision and the 冰球突破豪华版游戏下载 Foundation, by increasing opportunities for student access to higher education. Our goal is to assist students and their families understand, obtain and make the best use of the financial resources available to them. The 冰球突破豪华版游戏下载 Financial Aid office is in Student Services, Room 105 in Stevens Hall. Contact the 冰球突破豪华版游戏下载 Financial Aid office by stopping in, email, call, or text.

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday  8am-4:30pm

Summer Hours may differ (typically we are not here on Fridays)

Mailing Address:
Williston State College
Office of Student Financial Aid
1410 University Avenue
Williston, ND 58801

Apply for Federal Financial Aid:
FAFSA School Code: 003007

Book a time to meet with Financial Aid


Student Financial Aid

Stevens Hall, Student Services Rm. 105
p. 701.774.4248
f. 701.774.4211

text: 701.658.5221

Student Financial Aid FAQ

view more
Financial Aid FAQs

2024-25 Financial Aid Checklist

How do I apply for Financial Aid? 

The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application can be found online at  This application is for all federal student aid including Pell Grants, Direct Student Loans, and Campus Based programs such as Work Study and Perkins Loan.

What is Williston State College's school code?

The school code for Williston State College is 003007.

Do I have to re-apply for federal financial aid and scholarships each semester?

No, your award notice that you receive in the fall covers both fall and spring semesters.  You must, however, re-apply for both starting October 1st for the following school year. 

What is the deadline for the FAFSA?

Priority deadline is on a first-come, first-served basis.

Please note: FAFSA's not completed by August 1st for fall semester and by December 28th for spring semester may experience delays in processing. Disbursement of  financial aid will not be guaranteed by the fee payment deadline. Please make payment plan arrangements with the Student Finance Office to ensure you will not be dropped from your courses.  FAFSA's will be processed in the order that they are received.

I Submitted my FAFSA; what happens next?

10 Common FAFSA Mistakes to Avoid

FAFSA Simplification and Changes to the 2024-2025 FAFSA

How to Submit the 2024-25 FAFSA if Your Contributor Doesn't Have an SSN

Federal Student Aid Estimator - Use this tool to see how much federal student aid you may be eligible for in the 2024-2025 academic year.

Where do I apply for scholarships?

Access the 冰球突破豪华版游戏下载 Internal Scholarship or visit our Scholarship page for more information.

What is the deadline for applying for scholarships?

Priority deadline is March 15th prior to the year of attendance.  Applications will be accepted beyond this date if the online application is available.

What is an MPN?

An MPN is a Master Promissory Note, which is the legal binding document for your Direct Student Loan.  Your completion of this document is a requirement before your student loan can be disbursed to you.

Where can I complete my MPN?

You can complete this requirement at  You must use your FSA User ID from your FAFSA to login to this website. Click on 'Loans and Grants,' then click 'Master Promissory Note (MPN)'.  Be sure to do the 'I'm an Undergraduate Student'.

Where can I complete my student loan counseling?

You can complete this requirement once every 10 years at  You must use your FSA User ID from your FAFSA to login to this website. Click on 'Loans and Grants,' then click 'Loan Entrance Counseling'.  Be sure to do the 'I am an Undergraduate Student'.  If you are a first-time borrower, you will need to complete the Direct Loan Entrance Counseling in order to receive your first disbursement.

What is verification, and why do you need my tax information?

Financial aid recipients are selected randomly by the Department of Education for review.  The Financial Aid Office is required to compare your FAFSA information with your IRS Tax Transcript to verify that the information is correct.

How do I accept the awards I have been offered?

You may access your Financial Aid Awards through CampusConnection by logging in with your Student ID and password at  Once you have logged in, click on "Financial Aid Tile", "Change to correct aid year', select "Accept/Decline Awards", select the Edit (pencil tool), or if you prefer, you may return a signed copy of your paper award notice.

Do I have to be enrolled full-time in order to receive financial aid?

No!  If you are Pell Grant eligible, the grant will be pro-rated based on your enrollment status.  You may even have eligibility for a Pell Grant at less than half-time (5 credits or less) status.  In order to receive a student loan, you must be enrolled at least half-time (6-8 credits).

Will I have to repay all of my financial aid if I withdraw from school?

Once a withdrawal occurs, the Financial Aid Office is required to perform a refund/repayment calculation.  This calculation will tell you the amount of financial aid that must be repaid back to the financial aid programs or how much you might owe the school.  If you receive federal financial aid, usually the refund for tuition will need to go back to these programs.

When do I have to pay my student loans back?

If you received a Subsidized Loan, you will start repayment 6 months after you withdraw, graduate, or fall below half-time status.  If you received an Unsubsidized Loan, interest payments are due quarterly.  The principal amount due on these loans will begin 6 months after you withdraw, graduate, or fall below half-time status.  If you received a Perkins Loan, you must begin payments 9 months after you withdraw, graduate, or fall below half-time status.

NOTE: Contact your Loan Servicer to pay back Federal Student Loans/Perkins Loan.  Go to and log in using your FSA ID to view your account dashboard, find the "My Aid" section and select "View Loan Servicer details" to get your Loan Servicer's information.

What if my GPA falls below a 2.00?

All students are required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress while attending college.  If your grades fall below this standard, or if you complete less than 66% of your credits attempted, you may be put on Financial Aid probation.  You will continue to receive financial aid during this probationary semester, although, if your progress does not improve, you will be placed on disqualification at which time financial aid is revoked. Review the  Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.

How is my financial aid applied and disbursed?

Once all the requirements are completed, your financial aid will apply to your student charges the day before student fees are due. If you have any excess aid, that will be disbursed three weeks after school starts in either the form of a check or direct deposit to your account on file. Visit Refunds & Direct Deposit to setup your direct deposit.

冰球突破豪华版游戏下载's Financial Aid Office and its staff do not endorse or accept any incentives, financial payment or otherwise from any lender. Lender information is provided as a courtesy and in no way should it be interpreted as a requirement.  冰球突破豪华版游戏下载 will process loans from any lender that participates in any educational loan program.

Williston State College Teton Mascot where the people make the difference